I will always remember the first time I tasted amazing, life-changing chocolate. I was visiting the Belmont Estate – a cacao plantation in Grenada, and was able to see first hand how the Grenada Chocolate Company made chocolate from tree-to-bar. I was completely captivated, and that experience from over 10 years ago has taken me on this adventure to discover, learn about, taste and educate others about real chocolate!
I founded Celebrate Cacao! after leaving my career as a primary school and SEN teacher in order to set up a business that was a better fit for my family. I have since gone on to:
- Set up two in-person chocolate festivals, and a digital chocolate festival promoting and advocating for ethically made craft chocolate.
- Become certified in chocolate tasting with the International Institute of Chocolate and Cacao Tasting.
- Create a programme of chocolate workshops for schools, which I teach across Devon, Cornwall and further afield.
- Judge on the Academy of Chocolate Awards and the Taste of the West Awards.
- Work freelance for the International Institute of Chocolate and Cacao Tasting as Logistics Co-ordinator and Teacher.
- Teach my own chocolate tasting sessions for private and corporate groups.
- Become a bean-to-bar chocolate maker. Visit www.exechocolate.com for chocolate!
I love to teach, and I love chocolate! I am always happy to discuss any projects, events, workshops or tastings. Please don’t hesitate to drop me an email on email@example.com with your ideas.